Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

AR Update #2

Its been almost two weeks that I started my AR on "How to strengthen mathematical understanding by encouraging student written reflection on mathematic?" As stated in my previous post, the students are writing blogs to reflect on their mathematical understanding. However, after implementing their suggestion of giving them prompts or extension questions to write about, I am still getting the same students to turn in their blog. In getting these results I went to my faculty advisor help. In talking to her, I realized the students may just want a different way to reflect. So for my second phase I will be looking on implementing Digital story telling to reflect on mathematics. I am still thinking about the details of how I will implement it but I am looking forward to it and hope that the students will enjoy doing doing it. In addition, for my third phase I am interested in having the students keep their own mathematics journal. They would keep all their work here and write their processes/steps/logic they took to solve the problem. In the end, I am thinking I will compare each form of reflection: blogging, digital story telling, and journal. I will be looking for which form of reflection allows for students to show their mathematical understanding. How and what I will compare is still the one thing I am working on. My AR keeps on changing and although that's a little nerve wrecking, I feel good that I at least have a plan of action....more details of AR to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment